While we hoped for a rescheduling of ELLSA 2020 in the fall 2020, the situation with COVID19 worldwide has made international travelling challenging. Therefore, ELLSA 2020 at Seoul Foreign School will be cancelled, and no ELLSA conferences have been scheduled for 2021 as of January 2021.
We hope to host alternative forms of getting together in the meantime to ensure that ELLSA members stay connected!
May 18th Update from Jan-Mark Seewald, Assistant Head of School - Academics at Seoul Foreign School
February 7th Update from Jan-Mark Seewald, Assistant Head of School - Academics at Seoul Foreign School
Dear ELLSA Conference Participants, Due to the continuing developments related to the Coronavirus outbreak in the Asia region, we have had to make the decision to postpone the ELLSA conference, which was originally scheduled for March 7-8, 2020. The new date will be September 19-20, 2020. We are happy to confirm that Sarah Ottow will still be the keynote speaker and other key presenters are also available. As I stated before, we realize the inconvenience and cost that postponing an event like this places on all participants. We are trying to make the process as easy on you as possible. Therefore, if you can attend on the new dates, you will not need to do anything, and your registration will stay valid. If you cannot commit at this point, you will be able to receive a full refund of the conference fees. We will be making an announcement shortly through the Whova app, by email, and on the conference website, explaining the process and timelines for receiving your reimbursement, if you need to cancel. To support you in canceling and/or rebooking airline tickets and hotel reservations, please visit the ELLSA website where you can download an official cancellation letter. Please contact Hannah Kim at email@example.com, should you have any questions. Kind regards, Jan-Mark Seewald
January 31st Update from Jan-Mark Seewald, Assistant Head of School - Academics at Seoul Foreign School I wanted to update you on the current status of our planning for the March 7th-8th ELLSA conference related to the Coronavirus outbreak in the region. The SFS planning committee has been in close communication with the ELLSA board over the last couple of days and we continue to monitor the situation closely. Currently (as of Jan 31st) SFS requires everyone in the community who has traveled to China or hosted someone from China overnight at their home to quarantine themselves for 14 days from the date of arrival from China (including Hong Kong and Macao). This began on Tuesday, January 28, the first day back after our four day Lunar New Year break. In addition, the decision was made to cancel all events that involve participants from outside the SFS community for the following two weeks (currently up to February 16th). We will make decisions on events occurring after that date as we gain more information and the situation becomes clearer. Please access regular updates from our Head of School on the SFS website through this LINK. Due to the ELLSA conference being over a month away, we have not yet made a final decision regarding this event. We all very much hope that the situation has calmed down by the beginning of March but we also need to consider the very likely possibility that things will not have improved by then. We realize the inconvenience and cost that canceling or postponing an event like this places on all participants. However, the health and safety of our students, our community and any visitors to SFS is our top priority. We will keep you updated on any changes as the come up. We will also make a final decision to cancel or postpone by next week Friday, February 7th at the very latest.We will of course reimburse any conference fees in full to anyone who cannot attend due to travel restrictions or if the conference is cancelled. Please contact Hannah Kim at firstname.lastname@example.org, should you have any questions.